Willian will not be leaving Chelsea during the January transfer window. Blues boss Maurizio Sarri told reporters that he thinks it is ‘impossible’ for the Brazilian to leave his club this month. Willian had been subject of a transfersoap during the pre-season, with FC Barcelona reportedly interested to sign the winger.
Chelsea rejected the approach from Spain, with Barcelona then settling for Bordeaux forward Malcom instead. However, the 21-year-old is having difficulties during his first season at the Nou Camp, playing just five games in LaLiga. On Thursday rumours appeared that Barcelona offered Chelsea Malcom plus cash deal for Willian.
Asked if Sarri feels Willian could leave Chelsea, the Italian said: “I think he can do better, because the potential is higher, but he’s very important for us, so I think it’s impossible to lose him in January. I didn’t receive anything [about Willian] yesterday [Thursday]. You’ll have to ask the club and ask about the market, because if you ask me about the market you put me in trouble, because I don’t know.”