Arthur Melo still refusing to return to Barcelona, lawyers will talk next week

Picture via Proshots

FC Barcelona midfielder Arthur Melo is still refusing to return to Spain as he still remains in his homeland Brazil. The Spanish giants are currently preparing for their Champions League match against Napoli on August 8 and the squad reported back to training last week. Arthur failed to meet up with his team-mates and has no intention of returning to the club.

Spanish outlet Sport reports that the club is very disappointed in the stance of Arthur and they have already opened disciplinary proceedings against the Brazilian midfielder. Rumours are that Barcelona are ready to hand Arthur the ‘biggest fine’ the club has ever given to a player.

The report also states that the lawyers of the 23-year-old will be travelling to Barcelona next week to begin talks with Barcelona and will present them the allegations made by Arthur. The midfielder is reportedly very unhappy about his transfer to Juventus as it is suggested that Arthur feels he has been pressured in accepting a transfer despite wanting to stay at Barcelona.

Related news

Thomas Muller ready to face Barcelona: ‘Marching from record to record’

Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller says his club is ready to face FC Barcelona in the quarter final of the Champions League next week...

Barcelona break their own Champions League record after Napoli win

FC Barcelona managed to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League on Saturday after beating Napoli at the Nou Camp 3-1 and 4-2 on...

Mertens unhappy with CL exit: ‘We gifted the match to Barcelona’

Dries Mertens is very unhappy about Napoli's Champions League exit against FC Barcelona. The Belgian forward felt the Italians 'gifted' the tie to their...

Headlines

Thomas Muller ready to face Barcelona: ‘Marching from record to record’

Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller says his club is ready to face FC Barcelona in the quarter final of the Champions League next week...

Barcelona break their own Champions League record after Napoli win

FC Barcelona managed to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League on Saturday after beating Napoli at the Nou Camp 3-1 and 4-2 on...

Ronaldo silence on Sarri sacking says a lot: ‘Fans expect us to do better’

Cristiano Ronaldo has reflected on the 2019/2020 season for Juventus on social media just a day after Maurizio Sarri was lifted from his duties...

Mertens unhappy with CL exit: ‘We gifted the match to Barcelona’

Dries Mertens is very unhappy about Napoli's Champions League exit against FC Barcelona. The Belgian forward felt the Italians 'gifted' the tie to their...

Setien happy with Barcelona win: โ€˜We deserved our victoryโ€™

Quique Setien was happy with the performance of his FC Barcelona side after they secured their spot in the quarter-finals of the Champions League....

Trending

Chelsea offer Havertz his dream shirt No. to complete transfer next week

Chelsea are ready to complete the signing of Kai Havertz after Saturday's FA Cup final against Arsenal. Mirror Football report that while the Blues...

Paris Saint-Germain target French RB Leipzig sensation Nordi Mukiele

Paris Saint-Germain want to sign a new right defender this summer and the Parisians have targeted RB Leipzig defender Nordi Mukiele as a potential...

Marco van Basten slams Matthijs de Ligt: ‘He hasn’t improved this year’

Dutch football legend Marco van Basten has slammed Matthijs de Ligt. The former AC Milan striker has not been impressed with De Ligt's latest...

Paris Saint-Germain interested to sign AC Milan defender

Paris Saint-Germain are weighing up the possibility to sign a new left-back this summer and the Parisians have been looking at several candidates. According...

Manchester City ready to offer Kevin de Bruyne massive wage hike

Manchester City are planning to offer Kevin de Bruyne a new contract, claims Metro. The Belgian midfielder's current deal is set to expire in...