Dortmund director: ‘Manchester United have not made an offer for Sancho’

Borussia Dortmund director Hans-Joachim Watzke has revealed that Manchester United have not made an offer for Jadon Sancho. The Germans are expecting that the in-demand winger will be staying with the German club for the 2020/2021 season as Manchester United will not be able to meet the club’s €120m valuation.

“So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho,” Watzke told Süddeutsche Zeitung. “Also not indirectly or through alleged intermediaries.” Dortmund have warned United earlier that a deal for Sancho must be completed before August 10, the day the club will go on a training camp.

Sporting director Michael Zorc added that he expects Sancho to stay on at the club. “I assume that Jadon will go to the training camp on Monday and play with us this season,” he told SZ. It will be interesting to see if Dortmund will be able to keep Sancho this summer as the summer transfer market is open until October 5.